Education Privacy Rights of Students
- The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act
(Section - 438, Public Law 93-380)
gives students three important rights:
- 1) the right to inspect their student records,
- 2) the right to challenge incorrect information in those records, and
- 3) the right to keep their student records private.
- The law authorizes the release of directory information in the absence of student objection including name, address, date and place of birth, major field of study, current class schedule, participation in activities, dates of attendance, degrees and awards, and last institution attended. Contact the Admissions Office for further information.