Porterville College Transfer Center

California State University

Cal State MapMinimum Admission Requirements:

A small number of transfer students will enter as lower-division transfer students (with fewer than 60 units).  Many CSU campuses do not accept lower-division transfers.  Please consult your PC counselor if you are interested in lower-division transfer eligibility.

Completion of IGETC or CSU General Education Breadth is recommended for most students.  IGETC/CSU GE-Breadth certification will permit students to transfer without the need to take additional lower-division general education courses after transferring.

Make sure to complete transfer-level English and math courses as soon as possible.  Most schools require you complete these courses by the end of the Spring semester before you transfer.

Major preparation is essential to be a competitive transfer student.  Consult ASSIST to determine which PC courses will prepare you for your transfer major. 

A maximum of 70 units taken at a community college will be applied towards the total number of units required for a BA/BS.  Any additional transferable units will satisfy subject area requirements but not unit credit.


Online Transfer Counseling

You can email your transfer questions to the Transfer Center Coordinator.  Please make sure to send your message from your PC e-mail address and to include your student ID.

Carmen Martin

Porterville College Transfer Center

Room AC 126
M & Th: 8:00am to 5:30pm
T & W: 8:00am to 6:30pm
F: 8:00am to 12:00pm
(559) 791-2329